The University Council’s composition, functions, terms and conditions are determined by the Board of Trustees in accordance with the statutes. The Council is composed of a maximum of eleven (11) members.
Bishop Stuart University UNIVERSITY 5TH COUNCIL MEMBERS (2018-2022)
- Be responsible for the direction of the administrative, financial, planning and academic affairs of the University.
- Formulate the general policy of the University.
- Give the general guidelines to the administrative, academic and support staff on matters relating to the operation of the University
- Do any other things and take all necessary decisions conducive to the fulfillment of the objects and functions of the University.
- To raise resources for the University
Not withstanding the generality of the above duties, Council has power:
- To represent the University in any legal suits by and against the University
- To raise and receive on behalf of the University, funds, gifts, donations, grants, monies and other properties and make disbursement thereof.
- To approve the University budget and final accounts
- To provide for the welfare and discipline of the staff of the University, determine staff ranks and positions and the terms and conditions of service
- To set the rates of various University fees and charges
- To create University scholarships and other awards and to determine the conditions and modalities to govern them
- To appoint University staff upon such terms and conditions of service as provided for in the statutes
- To approve, in consultation with the Senate, regulations governing the conduct and discipline of the academic staff and students of the University
- To approve and enter into any association with other Colleges or any Institutions of higher learning and research or other bodies either within or outside Uganda
- To establish, in consultation with Senate and with the approval of National Council for Higher education, such constituent colleges, affiliated institutions, institutes, and new Study Programmes as deemed desirable.
- To constitute the final decision making body in cases of staff and students’ discipline, as stipulated in the statutes
- To make statutes in accordance with the Charter
- To propose the amendment and amend the Charter when / if it is deemed necessary
- To make annual reports to the Board of Trustees.
- To appoint University auditors and approve audit reports.
|1||Rev. Richard Mujuni||Principal Uganda Bible Institute|
|2||Prof. Amb. Canon Francis Butagira||Diocesan Chancellor’s legal Advisor|
|3||Ms Asiimwe Annah Tibazindwa||University Secretary|
|1||Mr. Aruho Abdon Rutega||Academic Registrar|
|2||Dr. David Namanya||University Finance Director|
|3||Mrs. Assiimwe Annah Tibazindwa||Minute Recorder|
|4||Mrs. Rose Mpwerirwe Rwankore||Senior Public Relations Officer|