Students welfare is paramount in all BSU endeavors as a Higher Education Institution and this justify the existence of the operating students’ welfare.
The Dean of Students supports the academic and para-academic mission of BSU by assisting students in their Spiritual, academic, social and cultural development through the delivery of a wide range of services. It plays a key role in creating a welcoming and supportive environment for the student community, helps students to achieve their educational and personal development goals and works with them to enhance the campus life and to foster academic excellence.
Duties and responsibilities
- The Dean of students’ welfare provides and monitors services and activities designed to support students along their stay at Bishop University (BSU).
- The Dean serves as a link between students and BSU administration in improving students’ life on the campus and in promoting a community climate in which learning can best take place.
- It also welcomes and orients new students and helps them in not only integrating the university community but also in maximizing learning opportunities outside the classroom.
- Mostly it takes care of students’ concerns and initiatives and encourages them to develop appropriate community behaviors and personal values and to participate in organizations that prepare them to become tomorrow’s leaders.
Faculties & Campuses6 Faculties and 2 Campuses in total
- Faculty of Agriculture, Environmental Sciences & Technology
- Faculty of Education, Arts & Media Studies
- Faculty of Business, Economics & Governance
- Faculty of Law
- Graduate School
- Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences