Job Title: Senior Lecturer- Literature
Bishop Stuart University (Chartered by the Government of the Republic of Uganda- Chartered 2014) is a growing Ankole Diocese Church of Uganda (Anglican) founded institution located in Mbarara on Kakoba Hill 5km from the town Centre.
Bishop Stuart University is inviting competent applicants for the above position.
Applicants must be of high integrity and committed Christians.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Ph.D. in Literature/English Language with publications in a recognized journal of a minimum of two papers or two chapters in a book since the last appointment as Lecturer. .
- Relevant Masters and Bachelor’s Degree
- Applicants must have a minimum of at least two (2) years of experience as full-time Lecturer in a recognized University
- Should have supervised at least 3 Masters or 2 Ph.D. students to successful completion.
- For a Master’s Degree holder, one must have taught in a recognized University as a full-time lecturer for at least of three years since last promotion, must be on PhD track, must have made three publications in a recognized journals or three chapters in books published by recognized publishers, since last promotion to Lecturer and should have supervised at least 3 Masters students to successful completion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching and the general planning and development of teaching programmes including lectures, seminars, tutorials, etc.
- Setting, invigilation, and marking, of course, work tests and examinations
- Development of learning/teaching materials. iv. Research and Students’ Research Supervision. v. Participation in and conducting outreach programmes.
- Publication of your work and other Research
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit five (5) copies of the application letter, together with the latest copies of their Curriculum Vitae and their Academic Documents (clearly labeled with the position being applied for) to the address below not later than TWO weeks from the date of this publication.
To: The University Secretary
Bishop Stuart University.
P. O. Box 09
Please note that:
1. Only the shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.