Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Bishop Stuart University (Chartered by the Government of the Republic of Uganda- Chartered 2014) is a growing Ankole Diocese Church of Uganda (Anglican) founded institution located in Mbarara on Kakoba Hill 5km from the town Centre.
Bishop Stuart University is inviting competent applicants for the above position.
Applicants must be of high integrity and committed Christians.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Office Management and/or Secretarial studies.
- Working experience of at least 3years in a busy office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the office where deployed.
- Carrying out secretarial duties
- Ensuring safe custody and confidence of correspondences and documents in the office
- Dispatching mails and directing visitors.
- Managing electronic and traditional mail and making sure a response is given within a reasonable time.
- Answering telephones, taking messages and ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Keeping track of all office machinery that need replacement, repair or service.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Arranging meeting facilities and refreshments
- Ensuring cleanliness of office premises and replenishment of supplies and stationery.
- Take initiative in manager’s absence
- Manage incoming and outgoing messages, requisitions and vouchers/payments
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit five (5) copies of the application letter, together with the latest copies of their Curriculum Vitae and their Academic Documents (clearly labeled with the position being applied for) to the address below not later than TWO weeks from the date of this publication.
To: The University Secretary
Bishop Stuart University.
P. O. Box 09
Please note that:
1. Only the shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.