Job Title: Assistant Systems Administrator
Bishop Stuart University (Chartered by the Government of the Republic of Uganda- Chartered 2014) is a growing Ankole Diocese Church of Uganda (Anglican) founded institution located in Mbarara on Kakoba Hill 5km from the town Centre.
Bishop Stuart University is inviting competent applicants for the above position.
Applicants must be of high integrity and committed Christians.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Working experience of at least 3 years with Computer networking systems
- Have wide knowledge with Unix and Windows server environments
- Ability to develop software with PHP, python, oracle and Java Development Environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including mentorship
- Ability to participate in Online learning module training and designing
- Able to teach computer-related programs
- Website design and maintenance skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain availability, performance, and security of systems software, hardware, and related applications.
- Analyses, installs, configures and maintains operating, network and other system software and utilities, servers, and other hardware and related applications systems.
- Adds, removes and integrates software and hardware into existing systems.
- Tests systems and application software including the impact of software updates and patches
- Troubleshoots hardware and software systems, optimizes systems performance
- Conducts inventory of systems components, monitors and analyses resources including internal memory and disk space
- Implements computer software and hardware licensing, warranty and vendor service agreements. Applies system updates and configuration changes.
- Maintains data recoverability, implement data backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Responds to security breaches, service interruptions, and other critical situations to re-establish system functionality.
- Takes a lead in Website design and maintenance including monitoring, updating and reviewing
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit five (5) copies of the application letter, together with the latest copies of their Curriculum Vitae and their Academic Documents (clearly labeled with the position being applied for) to the address below not later than TWO weeks from the date of this publication.
To: The University Secretary
Bishop Stuart University.
P. O. Box 09
Please note that:
1. Only the shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.