Job Title: Director Quality Assurance
Bishop Stuart University (Chartered by the Government of the Republic of Uganda- Chartered 2014) is a growing Ankole Diocese Church of Uganda (Anglican) founded institution located in Mbarara on Kakoba Hill 5km from the town Centre.
Bishop Stuart University is inviting competent applicants for the above position.
Applicants must be of high integrity and committed Christians.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant Master’s Degree from a recognized university. Ph.D. is added advantage
- Must have working experience in the area of Quality Assurance of at least five (5) years.
- The applicant must be industrious and self-driven, team player, ready to work for long hours and highly computer literate.
- Have a good track record of impeccable integrity
- Possess Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the development and maintenance of high-quality academic programmes
- Enhance quality experiential and flexible learning
- Develop mechanisms to motivate high quality and competitive research
- Ensure an effective internal examination system
- Ensure effective staff recruitment, development, and appraisal system
- Ensure an effective student admission, assessment and progression process
- Ensure high-quality support environment for staff and students for effective teaching, learning, research, and knowledge transfer partnerships
- Contribute to formulate the University quality assurance enhancement policies and practices; implement and monitor across the University and where appropriate with collaborative partner institutions
- Prepare Quality Assurance strategies and work plans
- Receive reports from Quality Assurance Officers and maintain Quality Assurance files
- Provide technical support on Quality Assurance matters at Senate and other meetings of management and governance.
- Coordinate all Quality Assurance activities
- Head Quality Assurance activities and report to management and responsible departments
- Organize Quality Assurance workshops, meetings, and other training
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit five (5) copies of the application letter, together with the latest copies of their Curriculum Vitae and their Academic Documents (clearly labeled with the position being applied for) to the address below not later than TWO weeks from the date of this publication.
To: The University Secretary
Bishop Stuart University.
P. O. Box 09
Please note that:
1. Only the shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.