- Views: 561
Following the directive by the President of the Republic of Uganda Gen. Yoweri Kaguta Museveni to close Primary and Secondary Schools, all Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions as a way to prevent the widespread of Coronavirus (COVID19), the Management Bishop Stuart University has released an Official Communication to ensure that the directive is implemented successfully by 20th Friday, March 2020.
This was during Senior Management Meeting held in the University board room this afternoon
The following are the resolutions:-
- All on-campus lectures have been suspended.
- All students must leave the University premises on 20th March 2020 at 12:00 noon.
- All students must carry home three (3) paper Course Work materials which will account for the 8th Week Tests. Marks of these tests will be displayed to ONLY those students who will have paid 50% of their TOTAL UNIVERSITY FEES. Those who would not have paid, will not receive results and hence will not be allowed to write their FINAL EXAMS in future.
- The University will continue running remotely online to assist students wishing to make applications, enrollment, and registration or make payments via http://students.bsu.ac.ug/ (Zee-Varsity System).
- A virtual learning environment (http://vle.bsu.ac.ug/) has been set up for lecturers to upload modules, class notes, course works, and assignments during the 32 days period and after so that, students will continue learning using this virtual learning environment.
- All communications will be via university official university email accounts.
- Any IT related problems must be addressed to the office of the Systems Administrators on +256783148733 or 256704529830 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and your Heads of Departments.
Students and the entire community are advised to observe the following while at home:-
- Wash your hands with soap and clean water as often as possible.
- Desist from attending social gatherings like parties, church, funerals for the said period, avoid shaking hands, hugging, and spitting around carelessly.
- When sick with flu, avoid going to public places but seek medical advice and cover your mouth and nose with tissue or handkerchief when coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth and stay safe and endeavor to keep all those around you safe.
DOWNLOADS & ESSENTIAL ATTACHMENTS
Faculties & Campuses5 Faculties and 2 Campuses in total
- Faculty of Agriculture, Environmental Sciences & Technology
- Faculty of Education, Arts & Media Studies
- Faculty of Business, Economics & Governance
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences