- Views: 428
By Norman Mugumya
Bishop Stuart University Academic Information Management System (AIMS) is now integrated with WhatsApp messaging application to enhance communication and direct delivery of important alerts/notifications to all users (both students and staff). This means that students can now generate Payment Reference Numbers (PRN), do self registration, view uncleared invoices, and others.
Current Services Enabled on AIMS WhatsApp
- GET Payment Reference (PRN)
- Self Enrolment
- Self Registration
- Unpaid Invoices
- My Information
- Service requests
Here is a guide that highlights the process for activating this service and the different services currently enabled.
AIMS WhatsApp Service Activation and De-activation
To enable the above AIMS services on WhatsApp, students have to activate the services by opting in. Likewise, students are free to de-activate by opting out.
To Activate AIMS WhatsApp Services follow the steps below
- Save the AIMS WhatsApp number [+441749200183] in your contacts
- Login into your student portal and click on the button labeled "ACTIVATE WHATSAPP"
Click on the Activate WhatsApp button
- Click proceed button in yellow as shown below
- Enter your phone number and click proceed, a window will pop up with the WhatsApp activation code.
- Next, open your WhatsApp, and Text "OPTIN [ SPACE] [YOUR STUDENT NUMBER] [ SPACE] [ACTIVATION CODE]" to +441749200183 saved as AIMS in your contacts. Eg: OPTIN 1901801671 696823. You should see this screen after you have successfully entered the above details.
- Send the word "MENU" on AIMS WhatsApp Number to access the Menu.
To de-activate AIMS WhatsApp Services simply:
- Log in to your student portal and click on the button labeled "DEACTIVATE WHATSAPP"
- A window will pop up with the WhatsApp de-activation code
- Open your WhatsApp and Text "OPTOUT [ SPACE] [DEACTIVATION CODE]"
i) Access students portal via this link: https://students.bsu.ac.ug/
Please check Downloads for a full guide
Faculties & Campuses5 Faculties and 2 Campuses in total
- Faculty of Agriculture, Environmental Sciences & Technology
- Faculty of Education, Arts & Media Studies
- Faculty of Business, Economics & Governance
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences