- Views: 247
The Guest of Honour, His Excellency Henk Jan Bakker, Ambassador of the Netherlands Commission to Uganda;
The University Chancellor, the Rt. Rev. Dr. Fred Sheldon Mwesigwa;
Emeritus Bishops and Former Chancellors; Board of Trustees;
The Chairman of the University Council Prof. Kenneth Kagame, and his team;
Distinguished political & religious leaders;
Vice - Chancellors and heads of institutions;
Distinguished and invited Guests;
The entire BSU staff and students;
Alumni, Guild President and Guild Council;
Beloved graduands, parents, guardians and sponsors; our esteemed partners in your various capacities; ladies and gentlemen.
Praise the living God!
On behalf of Bishop Stuart University (BSU) community and management and on my own behalf, I take the pleasure to warmly welcome you all to this 15th Graduation Ceremony today the 18th of October 2019. To our graduands, with joy and gladness of heart, we sincerely congratulate you on your successful completion of the different academic programmes. We give thanks to God that you are graduating from a chartered university. Today you are officially joining the BSU Alumni in various professions in different parts of Uganda and the world over.
Our dear guest of Honour, His Excellency Ambassador Henk Jan Bakker, we appreciate you for honouring our invitation and the long standing great relationship with Uganda. Today you are witnessing the 15th graduation of 1604 (M-828 52% & F-776 48%) graduands who have successfully completed their programmes: Masters 38, Post Graduate Diploma 35, Bachelors 1,058, Diploma 450 and Certificates 23. The increasing number of graduands from BSU is a testimony that the university is meeting the vast demands for higher education in the country and in building human resource for national development and others. The chartered BSU has now both national and international levels of recognition because of its strong cherished Christian foundation values and academic excellence.
Prof. Maud Kamatenesi (PhD) Vice-Chancellor Bishop Stuart University
MOST RECENT DEVELOPMENTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Renewal of contract for another term as Vice-Chancellor
My contract as the Vice-Chancellor was renewed on the University Council’s assessment and approval. It is my pleasure and joy to serve the university in this capacity to see it grow even bigger. I am thankful to the Board of Trustees and University Council for the trust bestowed upon me.
- Appointment of Vice-Chancellor as a member of UBTEB representing private universities: I was appointed a member of the Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board for a term of three years by the Honourable Minister of Education, Hon. Janet Kataaha Museveni.
- Increased students’ enrollment: Student enrollment at BSU has steadily increased over the years. BSU started with five programmes in 2002 and currently offers over 106 programmes accredited by National Council for Higher Education. However, Council approved 19 programmes to be rebranded to fit in the market. (4 PhD, 14 Masters, 6 PGDs, 37 Bachelors, 24 Diplomas and 2 Certificates). More new programmes will be introduced that are demand-driven. The student population has also grown gradually from 250 in 2002 to 5079 students in the 2019/2020 academic year. The university has four Faculties (Education, Applied Sciences, Law, and Business & Development Studies): These fall into 14 Departments and one Directorate of Graduate Studies, Research, and Innovations as listed in the graduation booklet.
Download full speech here
Faculties & Campuses5 Faculties and 2 Campuses in total
- Faculty of Agriculture, Environmental Sciences & Technology
- Faculty of Education, Arts & Media Studies
- Faculty of Business, Economics & Governance
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences